About Pakistan Studies : History (2059/01) :
The Cambridge O Level Pakistan Studies syllabus introduces learners to the history, culture, geography, environment and development of Pakistan. In history, they learn about Pakistan’s rich heritage and cultural influences, and about the events which have shaped national identity, from the decline of Mughal power up to 1999. Through their studies, learners gain an understanding of historical skills and concepts, and examine different interpretations of historical events.
About Pakistan Studies : Geography (2059/02) :
The Cambridge O Level Pakistan Studies syllabus introduces learners to the history, culture, geography, environment and development of Pakistan. In it they also consider the geography of Pakistan and the environmental and development issues facing the country. This will encourage a better understanding of the interaction between economy and environment, an understanding enhanced by the study of different source materials and perspectives.
Check out the revision tips and tricks below for this subject:
Following are the notes on these two sub-parts of Pakistan Studies. Select a topic from the following list to view it:
History and Culture of Pakistan:
- Section 1 : Cultural and Historical Background to the Pakistan Movement
- Section 2: The emergence of Pakistan 1906–47
- Section 3: Nationhood 1947–99
- Section 3: Nationhood 1947–99 – [Comprehensive Notes]
- Answers of some selected questions
- Answering Source-Based Questions (Guide + Quick Revision)
- Sample Source-Based Questions Collection by Syed Hassan Raza